Titus's Forum Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Meeting

+8
Victoria
Jal
Brett
Dean
Augustine
Alex
Jason
Titus
12 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

First Meeting - Page 5 Empty Re: First Meeting

Post by Jeremy Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:32 pm

oi, this is my clue:

November 2009

Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:34 pm

Also damn you guys post a shitton early in the morning.

Not that I'm ever up early, but these Olympics are making me wake up even later!
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:34 pm

...isn't it like 6pm on the East Coast?
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:35 pm

yea.

I'm in mountain time.

I went to sleep at like 9am east coast time. woke up about an hour ago.

truefax.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Wow. You are truly astonishing.
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Brett Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:40 pm

my clue

"What do you read?"
Brett
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:40 pm

...the answer cannot possibly be "books." Right?
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Well, he is a jock, so... :unsure:
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post by Jal Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:46 pm

It may or may not be beneficial for the mole to get in a lead role at this point. If the Lone wolf gets to pick out teams or do something integral for the challenge then it may not be in their best interest to stand out whatsoever. Even if they get in the lead position, they may feel too self-conscious to do anything too out there.

Meanwhile, if they pick teams for example, if the mole is not the lead then it has the chance to work within the group and screw things up under less scrutiny.

Another factor we should think about is people who will purposely screw things up just to look like the mole or will be more likely to screw over us as a group for the benefit of themselves. So yeah, that eliminates people who won't share their bio (mole or trying to look like the mole more likely) and Xalxe and BB naturally anyway.

Edit: There also seems to be a lot of people playing this like it's a mafia game. Have to account for the possibility of the mole trying and failing at looking townie.

Last edited by Jal on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jal
Jal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Every clue has it's own answer or do they all refer to a single word or sentence?
Luigi
Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigi Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:54 pm

I thought it would not be beneficial to post this but actually it is since I'm not the mole.
bio:
Luigi
Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jal Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:59 pm

I still say Jeremy for both. I don't think he's the type to purposely screw things up if he's not the mole.

I guess one person has said me, but c'mon, that's neva gonna pass.
Jal
Jal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:03 pm

Quick question: Where's Jason?
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Jal wrote:BB, you better be showing your bio in here.

Is the lone wolf the one we are "communicating with the best?" I'm a little confused if you were speaking of one or two people.

I will not be showing my profile in public.  I will, however, be sharing my profile information in private with A) anyone who privately shares their profile information with me, and B) anyone who has already shared their public profile information.  I do not wish to award the players with my profile information to those who are unwilling to share their own.  

I'll think about sharing the clue in a moment.

Onto the challenge...

Alex wrote:Most likely, the Lone Wolf is gonna have to group us up or something, that's typically how it works.  I'd say we want someone trustworthy in this position (which, to my mind, means that anybody who volunteers is out)

As for communication, I don't think I've really played with any of you before so I'll take whoever will have me Smile

I think stating that the Lone Wolf is going to group us up is very big leap.  In The Mole, it is extremely uncommon for one person to pick groups for other players.  I can only think of one instance that comes to mind.  Typically the players get to assign their own groups.

I think when picking both roles it is important to consider who we trust will work for the group.  Though I don't think it is a bad idea to select someone as a role because you suspect they are the mole, I do think it is a bad idea to flat out tell everyone you want them as a role because you suspect they are the mole.  That encourages the player to sabotage on purpose to look like the mole if he or she knows they are on your radar.  

Nothing against Jal, but at this point she is the only person I wouldn't want as either position.  This is based purely on her action thus far.  She is the only one to make a choice that (either purposely as The Mole, or indirectly) risks sabotaging the group's chances at making money.  Although we don't know if she'll get a clue or not, the fact she choose Seat 12 means there is a risk she won't get a clue, and thus we will only receive 10/11 clues as a group for a riddle that is worth $10k.  For that reason, at this time, I do not wish to select Jal for either position.

I would be happy with Dean or Tony for the communicator position.  I would be happy with Dean, Tony, or Jeremy for the Lone Wolf position.  

I also wish to address Jal's comment about people purposely sabotaging challenges.  Jal you have played a few rounds of The Mole with me, I would like to know why you have the concept in your head that I would sabotage a challenge to look like The Mole?  Anyone can see the mole game I played in mafiascum, I think it's very clear that I do not sabotage challenges for the sake of it, and that I am a team-player when it comes to winning challenges.  Although I don't particularly care for either special position in this challenge, I will say, if given a special position and given the choice between earning money for the group, or gaining an exemption, I will 100% go for the money. You have my word on this.    I'm very competitive and partially don't have it within me to 'throw challenges'. For that matter, I'm not really sure why you'd exclude Alex either.  I don't necessarily think Alex would screw up challenges just for the sake of it.
Ben
Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:49 pm

I'd be cool with being the lone wolf.
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:56 pm

On rereading who has elected who for what, I will narrow down my elections.

Lone Wolf: Jeremy
Best Communicator: Dean
Ben
Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Brett Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Spoiler:
Brett
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Nice pic BB!
Jeremy
Jeremy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brett Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:17 pm

books seem too easy of answer to my clue
Brett
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:21 pm

I will share my clue:

We had some complex formulas, we just didn't factor in greed and panic.

I will also share that I have already submitted my guess (Robin Williams: Weapons of Self Destruction), all the clues fit which is good as that means everyone has told the truth.  It also fits with the mod's in-thread clue about being funny.  The comedy program was filmed November 2009. Everything else is a quote from it.  So hopefully we have $10k in the bag!
Ben
Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Jal Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:33 pm

Benberry, you have the option to show your bio, something you were readily willing to give up in the last Mole game. You have not done so this game when it has been asked of you for a challenge in which personal information will most probably be integral to winning money. I shared mine. Share yours with me. There is no "rewarding" players in this type of game. If you are not the mole, it is more favourable for people to have your information so that if people decide to actually select answers based on thinking you're the mole, having accurate answers on hand means they are more likely to go out. There is absolutely no benefit to you or anyone else to not publicly share your information.

So nah, I don't take that as someone working for the team and will most likely hurt us if we don't share.

Alex, I have limited experience with, but mostly he doesn't strike me as a one for all, all for one player. Plus, he fails at directions (double alphabetize in skypillar. Never forget).

Secondly, I took a seat before an envelope was opened so take that crap out the door.

Let's all stop treating this like a mafia game. It actually isn't in anyone's best interest to share who they truly believe the mole is unless they are working in an alliance with others. You want to either make people think others believe "innocent" people are the mole or make others believe you are the mole. Either way, you want them to answer more wrongly on the test than you do. Similar to a mafia game, you are looking beyond someone's actual actions and looking at their motivations, intent, and genuine challenge capability.
Jal
Jal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jal Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Correcting sentence:

You want to either make people think those who you sincerely believe are"innocent" people are the mole or make others believe you are the mole.
Jal
Jal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Jal wrote:Benberry, you have the option to show your bio, something you were readily willing to give up in the last Mole game. You have not done so this game when it has been asked of you for a challenge in which personal information will most probably be integral to winning money. I shared mine. Share yours with me. There is no "rewarding" players in this type of game. If you are not the mole, it is more favourable for people to have your information so that if people decide to actually select answers based on thinking you're the mole, having accurate answers on hand means they are more likely to go out. There is absolutely no benefit to you or anyone else to not publicly share your information.

So nah, I don't take that as someone working for the team and will most likely hurt us if we don't share.

Alex, I have limited experience with, but mostly he doesn't strike me as a one for all, all for one player. Plus, he fails at directions (double alphabetize in skypillar. Never forget).

Secondly, I took a seat before an envelope was opened so take that crap out the door.

Let's all stop treating this like a mafia game. It actually isn't in anyone's best interest to share who they truly believe the mole is unless they are working in an alliance with others. You want to either make people think others believe "innocent" people are the mole or make others believe you are the mole. Either way, you want them to answer more wrongly on the test than you do. Similar to a mafia game, you are looking beyond someone's actual actions and looking at their motivations, intent, and genuine challenge capability.

In the last Mole game, I made the same proposition.  I will share my info with people who share their info with me.  I will be sharing my info with you, so I'm not sure why you're complaining about it...  And I disagree, it is disadvantageous to share my information with people who do not wish to share their own.

And I can choose to reward people with my information or not.  If, theoretically, I were the Mole, then I am rewarding the players who are willing to trust others with their info and I am effectively punishing the players who are mistrustful (i.e., a "mole morality test").  I just don't see a point to sharing my information with players who aren't going to share their own.

And I disagree that I want people to believe "innocent" people are the Mole or that I'm the Mole.  Quite frankly, all I want is to find out who The Mole is.  I have little intention to manipulate people into thinking someone is or isn't The Mole, because for all you know, you could mistakenly mislead someone into finding out who The Mole is because you were trying to "trick" them into voting that person.
Ben
Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Jal wrote:Benberry, you have the option to show your bio, something you were readily willing to give up in the last Mole game. You have not done so this game when it has been asked of you for a challenge in which personal information will most probably be integral to winning money. I shared mine. Share yours with me. There is no "rewarding" players in this type of game. If you are not the mole, it is more favourable for people to have your information so that if people decide to actually select answers based on thinking you're the mole, having accurate answers on hand means they are more likely to go out. There is absolutely no benefit to you or anyone else to not publicly share your information.

Oh. Ok, I can play like that. Although it was announced at the very beginning that Seat 12 did not have an envelope.
Tony
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post by Jal Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Benberry, I ignored all of that. I'm still waiting to see a bio in my pm box or in this thread.

Tony, it wasn't clear what the envelopes were for. Not going to bother arguing it with you though since there is nothing to actually argue. This isn't a mafia game where I need to explain myself to save me from a ~lynch~ and I don't care to be some lone wolf either. You have my bio, remember to use it on the test Wink
Jal
Jal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next